Saturday, March 20, 2010

New shoes!

Heck yeah! Finally had the time and the funds to get the tires ordered and installed on the 1935 Ford wire wheels I got from my buddy Norm a while back. These are original wire wheels that have been blasted and primered and powdercoated. The Firestones showed up while I was in Chickasha, OK at the Pre War Swap Meet, so when I got home late yesterday I was hoping that the tire shop would be open today (Saturday). Sure enough, I made a recon/coffee run today early, came back home and loaded everything up, headed over there, and $60 later, had them all ready for mounting. Came home and put them on and it's exactly what I was after.
Chickasha was really cool, but it was mostly Model T stuff. There was plenty of A stuff, but the T parts were everywhere. I scored an original Spartan horn that has never been painted, two water inlet necks (I cracked my last one putting it on with a rachet instead of a wrench), a neat-o license plate reflector thingy and some incredible NOS wax covered cloth wire for Rusty. Very cool trip and I'll be back next year!

1 comment:

  1. Kevin, I know you've had the "new" shoes for awhile now, but they look fantastic and really make the car. Looking at them last night, I think I convinced myself I need the same exact size (6.00/7.50) for my project.

    How about some more pics of Rusty?

    ReplyDelete